Certified Professional of Incentive Management (CPIM) Designation
IMA's Certified Professional of Incentive Management (CPIM) acknowledges incentive professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and leadership essential to succeed in the incentive industry.
"The journey to become a CPIM recipient expands your industry knowledge and network, as well as educates you about your customer's perspective. The CPIM designation tells my employer I'm an industry leader and tells my customer I have a fuller understanding of their needs, not just my needs."
--Cindy Mielke, CPIM
Review the list of industry leaders who have obtained their CPIM designation here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Become Certified?
- CPIM certification demonstrates YOU have accepted the challenges to stay informed of new developments in the field and to ever increase your knowledge of incentive marketing.
- Enhances your professional standing in the incentive industry
- Recognizes you as an industry expert and leader.
- Sets you apart -- or above -- those without it.
- Gives you a competitive advantage in a competitive marketplace.
- See which other industry professionals are certified CPIMs
Who is Eligible to Apply for the CPIM Program?
Applicants for CPIM designation must have a minimum of two consecutive years of industry experience and be active in the industry at the time of certification.
What is Involved in Earning the CPIM Designation?
There are three basic requirements of the CPIM program. The following requirements may be completed in any order.
Are There Fees Required to Obtain the CPIM Designation?
Yes. The CPIM application fees are:
What is the Recommended Designation Timetable?
Though you may complete each requirement of the CPIM program in any order, to streamline your process, the following timetable is recommended:
- January - May: Study Principles of Results-Based Incentive Program Design curriculum.
- March: Complete and submit Assessment Tool with CPIM application and fee.
- June - July: Take the Principles of Results-Based Incentive Program Design Exam online or in person at the IMA Summit. (Pre-registration and fee is required.)
- July: Receive your CPIM Designation at IMA's Annual Membership Meeting!
Is the CPIM a Lifetime Designation?
No. To maintain this certification, the CPIM recipient must successfully complete the renewal assessment form every three years. The renewal assessment form illustrates the CPIM’s commitment to continuing education and industry involvement. The renewal fee is $100 for IMA members and $250 for non-members. CPIM Renewal Form
Why would CPIM Certification be Denied?
IMA’s goal is to make the CPIM certification a meaningful, respected industry standard. Great care will be taken to assure that CPIM recipients are worthy of this designation. CPIM certification may be denied or revoked for the following reasons:
- Falsification or misrepresentation of education, and/or leadership and work experience on the CPIM assessment tool
- Failure to pass the exam
- Violation of testing procedures
- Failure to meet re-certification requirements
Who Can I Contact if I Have Additional Questions?
If you have additional questions please contact Emily Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-928-4649.