IMA’s Certified Professional of Incentive Management (CPIM) acknowledges incentive professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and leadership essential to succeed in the incentive industry.
|What the CPIM Certification does for YOU:
- Demonstrates YOU have accepted the challenge to stay informed of new developments in the field and to ever-increase your knowledge of incentive marketing.
- Enhances YOUR professional standing in the incentive industry.
- Recognizes YOU as an industry expert and leader.
- Sets YOU apart – or above – those without it.
- Gives YOU a competitive advantage in a competitive marketplace.
"The journey to become a CPIM recipient expands your industry knowledge and network, as well as educates you about your customer’s perspective. The CPIM designation tells my employer I’m an industry leader and tells my customer I have a fuller understanding of their needs, not just my needs."
Cindy Mielke, CPIM, JC Penney Incentive Sales
How to Achieve the CPIM:
- Passing the Principles of Results- Based Incentive Program Design exam, based on the principles of Results-Based Incentive Program Design curriculum.
- Successfully completing the Assessment Tool to demonstrate you have been in the incentive industry for a minimum of three years and have participated in learning and leadership building opportunities.
Recommended CPIM timetable:
- Though you may complete each requirement of the CPIM program in any order, to streamline your process, the following timetable is recommended:
- January – May: Study Principles of Results-Based Incentive Program Design curriculum.
- March: Complete and submit Assessment Tool with CPIM application and fee.
- June – July: Take the Principles of Results-Based Incentive Program Design Exam online or in person at the IMA Summit. Pre-registration and fee is required.
- July: Receive your CPIM Designation at IMA’s Annual Membership Meeting!